3 ingredients, 5 minutes to prep, and in the oven it goes. Can't get much better than that. This is the easiest and most delicious way I know to prepare asparagus.
Asparagus is one of those vegetables that screams spring, so with spring just around the corner, I figured it was about time we started eating it again. It's also incredibly nutritious. It's high in folic acid (great for any prego ladies out there), is a good source of potassium, fiber, vitamin B6, vitamins A and C, and thiamin. And did you know that the larger the diameter, the better the quality? Well now you do! So grab a bunch of asparagus next time you're in the produce section and give this a shot. It's quick, easy, healthy, and nutritious. Works for me!
Easy Oven-Roasted Asparagus
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- Olive oil
- Kosher or Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and trim the woody stems off of the asparagus so they're all approximately the same length
- Place asparagus in a single layer on a baking pan lined with foil for easy clean-up.
- Generously drizzle with olive oil and season with salt (don't be skimpy with the salt!) and freshly ground pepper.
- Roast in oven until the asparagus turns bright green and still has a slight crunch (I use a fork to test their done-ness), about 12-18 minutes. Do not overcook or they'll start to lose their crunch.