After trying more "pork chops with mushroom sauce" type recipes than I can count, this one stood out as the tried and true winner. The most tender and juicy pork chops I've ever had, no chopping required (quick prep!), and made with ingredients I usually already have on hand. This recipe is pork chop perfection! Serve with a side of rice or potatoes and some green veggies and dinner is done!
Note: A few handfuls of sliced fresh mushrooms are a great addition to the sauce if you have them on hand. Speaking of the sauce... It's really good, so you might want to double it for extra dipping.
Baked Pork Chops with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- 6 pork chops
- 1-2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (I prefer Lawry's brand)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups Italian-style seasoned breadcrumbs (I made my own using Italian seasoning)
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (10.75 oz.) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup white wine (to omit the wine just double the milk)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Season pork chops with garlic powder and seasoning salt.
- Place beaten eggs, flour, and breadcrumbs in 3 separate shallow bowls.
- Lightly dredge the pork chops in flour, dip in the egg, and then coat liberally with breadcrumbs.
- Heat the 4 Tablespoons of olive oil in a medium skillet set over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the pork chops and cook for 5 minutes per side or until breading is well-browned. Transfer the pork chops to a 9x13 inch baking dish, cover with foil, and bake for 45 minutes.
- While the chops are baking, whisk together the soup, milk, and white wine in a small bowl.
- After baking for 45 minutes, remove the chops from the oven and cover them in the soup mixture. Replace the foil and bake for another 30 minutes.
*Recipe slightly adapted from Allrecipes.com