Super Simple Shrimp Tacos
- 1 lb frozen peeled & deveined cooked shrimp, defrosted
- 6 oz fat free plain greek yogurt
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ a head of cabbage, thinly sliced
- 8 corn tortillas (flour tortillas will work as well, but use corn if you can)
- 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine yogurt, cayenne, lime juice, cilantro, and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat a dry skillet over medium heat. Place tortillas in the skillet and heat just until warm and starting to form small brown spots. Set aside on a plate and cover with a clean kitchen towel.
- Add two teaspoons of olive oil to the same skillet over medium heat. Add cabbage. Cook for approximately 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Cut defrosted shrimp into thirds. Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in the same skillet over medium heat and season with salt, pepper, and a dash of cayenne. Cook for 2-3 minutes, just until warmed. (Be careful not to overcook!)
- Assemble the tacos by placing the cilantro sauce, shrimp, and a scoop of cabbage on each warmed tortilla.
Calories: 264; Total Fat: 5.8g; Saturated Fat: 0.4g; Cholesterol: 850mg; Sodium: 850mg; Carbohydrate: 23g; Dietary Fiber: 4.6; Sugars: 6g; Protein: 30.2g
*Original recipe (and nutritional analysis) courtesy of the healthy eating blog I follow, Dani Spies.