Crock Pot Beef Bourguignon
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) condensed Cream of Mushroom soup
- ½ cup dry red wine
- 1 package (1.25 oz.) Beefy Onion Soup Mix
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1.5 lbs. lean beef chuck, cut in chunks
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms (any kind)
- Pepper to taste
- Egg noodles (optional)
- Combine the cream of mushroom soup, red wine, soup mix, and dried thyme in a 3 qt. slow cooker and stir until blended.
- Add the beef, baby carrots, and sliced mushrooms to the pot and stir until coated.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low 8-10 hours.
- Season with fresh ground pepper and a sprinkling of thyme.
- Serve alone with a crusty loaf of french bread or with egg noodles.
Something to try: Next time I make this recipe I’d like to try adding halved small potatoes and a small bag of frozen peas for even more of a beef stew feel.
*Recipe courtesy of one of the many yummy food blogs I follow, Tasty Kitchen.